First I must explain that we have an severly old, unfinished, concrete basement that was built in 1929. A corner of this space is my laundry space.
Let's just say I'm surprised no mice or droppings were found during this project. Only 1 dead cricket :)
To give you the full effect, I'm going to show you before and after's of each section:
SPACE BEFORE:
Cupboards pretty bare and unused. You have to manuever around that drying rack, which is always in the way (and behind me is my never used iron board). The pile there is Erik's coats and camo from last hunting season. Washed or unwashed, I don't know, but I threw them on the pool table for him to pick through later!
SPACE AFTER:
Rack is out of the way, iron board is on top of the cupboards, pile is gone and a cute 3-Drawer unit was added for storage.
****
DOUBLE CUPBOARDS BEFORE:
Why I have steering fluid and motor oil down here is beyond me.
DOUBLE CUPBOARDS AFTER:
My homemade laundry soap all on the top shelf and less used stuff like water, iron and hunting soaps on the bottom of the right cupboard. I still have 2 almost empty jugs of Clorox and found 2 brand new HUGE jugs in this process that I stored in the left cupboard.
Also in the left cupbard now, I freed up a whole shelf of pantry space by moving PT, TP, paper plates, napkins and plastic-ware here!
****
PILE BEFORE:
WHAT PILE?
Hid that old, ugly trunk behind the laundry separater.
3-Drawer unit hold light bulbs, sponges/shammies, and ziplocks.
****
EXTRAS CUPBOARD BEFORE:
Top is all by Coupon-steals I've accumulated.
Bottom is extra cleaners.
EXTRAS CUPBOARD AFTER:
Deodarant found a basket home, re-sorted all the beauty products and meds.
Bottom: I hated seeing all those chemicals again. I forgot they were down there. WHAT am I going to do with 4 bottles of Pledge and 6 bottles of Scrubbing Bubbles? I'll keep them for now, but I'm really into this healthy environment thing. I don't like the idea of speading toxins all over my counters and floors anymore. Whole new way of thinking for me!
****
ONE MORE TIME-FINAL RESULT!








No comments:
Post a Comment