Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 17: Mail

I always thought my old way of organizing bills was great:
Don't be fooled, this thing gets pretty full!  I also don't like how messy it can look, so it's in my desk cabinet taking up a lot of space.  Another flaw: it's only for bills or papers that have a due date.

After seeing the Bowl Full of Lemons' "Mail Command Center", I was sold.

So here's what I made:

I'll just call it our "Mail Center".  No "command" involved. :)  Our calendar is clipped to the front and soon I'll have a different highlighter color for Me, Erik, Alan and Whole Family to color code calendar events.

Tabs on the files are:
  • Incoming (unsorted mail)
  • Outgoing (for the mailbox)
  • To Pay (bills)
  • To File (paid, done with)
  • Sign & Return (like those school forms)
  • Erik (his stuff I don't know what to do with)
  • Renyel
  • Alan
  • Dex (I'm thinking vet stuff)
  • Grocery List & Coupons (I use this for current grocery ads too!)
So pretty much the purpose of this was to have a fast way to get ANY stack of paper off the desk or counter.  There is a file here for ANYTHING!  It's also more attractive and now I can take that bill box out of my cabinet and make room to organize the space (later)!


No comments:

Post a Comment