Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 8: "Coat" Closet

No coat closet at this house, but I knew what closet I would need to tackle today.
It's the hall closet...drum roll please...

BEFORE:

Top half and bottom half pictures.




We have beach towels, boxes to electronics, cleaners, medicine drawer, games, scrapbooking stuff and gift bags/tissue.  It's a grab-bag of sorts.

I just had to snap a pic of all the crap I pulled out of that little space too:
(can you spot Dex?  No, he didn't come out of the closet)


AFTER:
  • Resorted the boxes at the very top (got rid of some)
  • Got rid of one shelf so I could fit the 3-drawer unit for medicines/1st aid and stack the 2 bigger drawers for candles and sunblock/aloe
  • Re-sorted cleaning stuff with Sewing kit.  Mostly just my swiffer stuff here (for now).


On the lower half:
  • Got rid of 5 games we haven't played in years and re-sorted the current ones (added a basket for cards and farkle!)
  • On floor, I shoved my scrapbooking kit in the back because who am I kidding? also in the back is a black holder with all my reusable shopping bags.  I have  a lot of those.
  • Rolled up beach towels now in a storage bin and a little easier to get to for the summer months.  Can put this in the basement during the winter.


The gift bags/tissue is all gone but I went through it and it now looks like this in the spare room:


Much better I think!



No comments:

Post a Comment